How Do I Charge My Receiver?
The Receiver battery is re-chargeable like a cellular phone. The re-chargeable battery will last for about 3-5 days before you need to charge it with the Receiver Charging Cable. Your re-chargeable battery life depends on your Alert settings and how often you use the Events Menu. The Receiver will tell you when the battery charge is low. The Receiver takes 3 hours to charge fully if the battery is completely drained. To recharge your battery, follow the instructions below:
- Connect the Receiver Charging Cable into the port on the bottom of the Receiver. Make sure the “Push” button side of the charger cable is facing down.
- Connect the plug into a standard power outlet.
- The Receiver will show the symbol below of a battery charging across the Receiver screen:
- After a few seconds, your Trend Screen will reappear with the “animated” (moving across from left to right) Charging Battery symbol shown in the lower right corner next to the Antenna Symbol.
- The battery will fully charge after 3 hours. You will not be notified when the receiver is done charging.
- After charging is complete, press the “Push” Button on the charger to disconnect.
- Charge your battery before each Sensor insertion. Periodically check your battery level to make sure it has enough charge.
- If your battery drains and is not charged for about 6 months, the back-up battery might also drain. When this happens, you will need to reset your Receiver’s time.
- Only use the Dexcom battery charger provided in the Starter Kit. Do not use any other battery charger. You should charge the Receiver during daytime inactivity.
- Since the receiver has a rechargeable battery, after charging it for 3 hrs you should disconnect the charger as to be sure not to overcharge it, which can deplete the battery over time.