What is a Dexcom Warrior?
I hear you asking what is a Dexcom Warrior and why do I want to become one? It's simple!
Our Kiwi Dexcom Warriors are customers with inspiring stories who want to share their experiences with others - whether that be working the 9 to 5, competing in their chosen sport/profession at an elite level or perhaps progressing with their goals such as completing university degrees and incredible treks.
By becoming a Warrior, you will:
- Receive exclusive updates and find out more about what's happening in the diabetes space via the Dexcom Warrior Newsletter
- Connect and inspire others living with type 1 diabetes by sharing your authentic journey with diabetes
- Be featured on the NZMS Diabetes' website, Facebook, Instagram and/or YouTube
- Be alerted to upcoming media opportunities and events which you can participate in!
What exactly does a Dexcom Warrior do?
Dexcom Warriors are part of a strong global advocacy movement. Warriors inspire others by sharing their stories about their own diabetes journey through forums such as social posts, blogs and other media opportunities. For example, as a Dexcom Warrior you can share your story through:
- Photos/Videos - where you show us what you are interested in, and some of the cool things you are doing in your life right now
- Written Stories - where you tell us who you are, what you love, and what diabetes means to you. Let's chat about your successes or how you overcome challenges living with diabetes
…and there are more great opportunities to connect with other people living with diabetes in New Zealand and around the world.
Do I need to be over 18 years old to be a Dexcom Warrior?
Are there any restrictions as to what content Dexcom Warriors can post?
Can I be featured on Dexcom Warrior social pages and the website more than once?
Will you change my story at all?