What does the No Readings alert mean?
If you are receiving a "No Readings" alert on your Dexcom G6 and you are not getting Dexcom G6 readings for the last 20 minutes, please follow the solutions below:
- You will not receive glucose alarm/alerts or Dexcom G6 readings until fixed. Use meter.
- In Dexcom G6 app, tap the alert to get more information.
- Check the transmitter: Is it snapped into the holder?
- Common causes of No Readings alert include:
- if water is between your transmitter and display device (for example, if you're swimming or showering)
- if your transmitter is more than 20 feet away from your display device, and/or if there is an obstacle in between them (such as walls or metal)
- if you are laying on your sensor while sleeping.
Please wait up to 3 hours while the system fixes itself. The sensor error will usually clear up within 1 hour. If not corrected after 3 hours, contact Technical Support (available 24/7) by submitting a request below or call 1-844-607-8398
What does the Sensor Error alert mean?
If you are experiencing a Sensor Error alert and are not getting Dexcom G6 readings, it means the sensor is temporarily unable to measure the glucose or your components are not communicating.