Is the Dexcom G6 app compatible with Siri?
With the Dexcom G6 app version 1.4 and later, you can ask Siri to recite your Dexcom glucose readings out loud and display your graph directly on the lock screen.
This feature is only compatible with iOS devices using iOS 12 and above and supported Apple Watches and watchOS. Click here to view our compatible smart devices.
To enable please follow these steps:
- Make sure that you’re connected to the internet.
- Click on “Siri Shortcuts” from the Dexcom G6 app settings
- Tap the “Set up Siri Shortcuts” button
- A setup wizard will launch to guide you through setting up this feature. If you haven’t yet enabled Siri on your iOS device, you will be guided to do that first.
- Record the phrase you would like to use when you want to activate the task. We recommend, “What’s my glucose?”. Click the red button to activate recording and again to stop recording.
- After recording your phrase, you will see the transcribed text of the recorded phrase. Here you have the option to edit this phrase, if needed. Once ready, click “Done” to save.
When a reading is available, you can activate Siri by using the recorded phrase (see recording instructions above) and one of the following standard phrases will be read:
- You're 110 and steady.
- You're 110 and slowly rising.
- You're 110 and slowly falling.
- You're 110 and rising.
- You're 110 and falling.
- You're 110 and rapidly rising.
- You're 110 and rapidly falling
If a glucose reading is not available, you will be instructed to check the Dexcom G6 app for more information.
This is an optional feature that must be set up by the user via a setup wizard in the Dexcom G6 app. To use this feature, you MUST have Siri enabled on your phone and you must be connected to the internet. Siri responds only to your voice and the phrase you choose.