Why am I not receiving glucose notifications from the Dexcom Follow app?
There are several reasons you may not receive expected notifications. View this document for troubleshooting and tips for the Dexcom Follow app.
Within the Dexcom Follow app:
- Check your sharer’s glucose notifications. Turn on the ones you want.
- Check each notification’s delay setting. If a delay is set, you’re only notified if the condition lasts longer than the delay.
- Check your sharer’s status. If you see No Data, Disconnected, Not Sharing, or Removed by Sharer, you won’t receive notifications. Contact your sharer if you have questions.
- Check that you have an internet connection.
- Check your smart device settings. Open settings, then notifications. Find Dexcom Follow in the app list and turn on notifications.
- Contact your Sharer to make sure the Dexcom G6 app is not closed on their phone. The app is intended to run at all times.
- The Dexcom server may be down. Check https://status.dexcom.com/ to see if there are any server issues.
- If you continue to experience issues, visit the Contact Us page for options on how to resolve the issue.